Playing, Walking, Running, and Discovering
January 29, 2021
Greetings Titan family!
I hope this message finds you and your family well. As we end January and look ahead to February, there are a few items I want to share with you.
On Wednesday, February 3, we will participate in the Global School Play Day for the 3rd year in a row. Play is a powerful way for children to learn social skills, exercise creativity, engage the imagination, and explore interests. Students (all grades) can bring a toy(s) from home to use and share. We will have playtime both inside and outside (weather permitting). Here are a few other procedures we will follow:
- Free dress is allowed. Be comfortable!
- Depending on the grade, teachers may have different means of facilitating the day. Please be aware of any messages your child’s teacher may send home to help make this day awesome.
- No electronics. This is a day without screen time for play. Do not bring game systems or similar items as your toy.
- Write your name on your items.
- If you bring it, be prepared to share it.
- Child-friendly board games and puzzles are great. Feel free to bring those.
- Delicate toys or toys that may break easily are discouraged.
This is going to be a great day. For more information about the Global School Play Day, please visit their website.
We have updated images for our campus project. To check them out, click here.
It’s not too late to participate in this year’s Titan Fund. For more information, go to our Giving page on the website.
Re-enrollment will begin Monday, February 8. More details about re-enrollment will be shared next week. If you have any questions or would like to discuss next year, please contact me.
Finally, HTES is a sponsor of the upcoming Walk Run Discover Lake Houston event (March 1-30). We are also putting a team together to participate! More details about joining our team will be sent next week. To learn more about the event, go here.
Thank you again for your support.
It’s a great time to be a Titan,