Kindess and Appreciation
November 13, 2020
Greetings Titan family!
Kindness and appreciation are two characteristics that are universally liked in people and organizations. As humans, three things are true of us all: we seek to minimize pain, maximize pleasure, and are flawed by design. Perhaps, this is why kindness and appreciation are celebrated. They are responses appropriate to the universal nature we all share. When we show kindness and appreciation, we are not only recognizing those qualities in others, but announcing that they also exist within ourselves. Therefore, when we show kindness and appreciation, we are not only supporting others, we are also supporting ourselves.
We are entering the giving season. Perhaps, this philosophical tangent may help remind us all of how to navigate the next weeks and months. Maybe, if we aren’t too careful, we may even create a stronger habit of generosity (and joy) in our lives. If nothing else, I hope it is a reminder of how living the Titan Way, which ultimately is shown through acts of generosity, helps us create a smarter and kinder world.
Now, for a few reminders/announcements:
Thursday, December 17: This is going to be changed to a half-day (noon dismissal). We need to do this in order to prepare the school that afternoon for the Christmas Break construction work that begins on Friday, December 18. Please make a note of this on your family calendar.
TPA (Titan Parent Association) Meeting: We are going to have a TPA meeting on Monday, November 16 at 2PM. The meeting will be held virtual via Zoom. Use this link to join the meeting. All current parents are invited to join us. The topics will be our efforts to “Friend-raise and Fundraise.”
Current Family Survey: I need your help. We are working on our admissions and marketing plans and need your feedback. If you would be so kind, please click this link to take a survey designed to help inform this important work.
Scholastic Book Fair: This year’s Book Fair will be online only. It is live now through November 22. This link will take you to our Book Fair Page.
AmazonSmile Program: Did you know that you can support us every time you order from Amazon?
Here's how to sign up for and use AmazonSmile on your laptop or desktop:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with your Amazon.com credentials
- Search for and select “Holy Trinity Episcopal School of Greater Houston Inc” to receive donations as your charity
- Start shopping
- Add a bookmark for smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile
Turn on and use AmazonSmile in the Amazon Shopping app:
- Make sure you're signed up for AmazonSmile (use your web browser to visit smile.amazon.com)
- Download or update to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app for iOS or Android
- Open the app and find “Settings” in the main menu (☰)
- Tap on “AmazonSmile” and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile in the app.
Rudolph’s Lightshow: Rudolph’s Lightshow, Houston’s original Christmas drive thru, is partnering with us to help raise funds. We are currently working on the details to share with you. Please stay tuned for more soon. You can learn more about Rudolph’s Lightshow on their website: https://www.rudolphslightshow.com.
Titan Fund: The Titan Fund is our Annual Fund Campaign. It is vital to fundraising success. The goal of the Titan Fund is 100% participation from families, faculty, staff, and Board members. There are three ways you can participate.
- Go to this link and make your pledge online.
- Text “Titan Fund” to (281) 595-8024 and make your pledge.
- Contact me for a private conversation about your pledge.
Have a great weekend and, as always, thank you for your continued support of HTES.
It’s a great time to be a Titan,