Play, Re-enroll, and TPA!
February 08, 2019
February 8, 2019
This week, on Wednesday, we enjoyed a fantastic day of play. The feedback from students and teachers was quite positive and we anticipate participating in this event next year. The day also served as an affirmation of our desire to bring play into the learning environment in a purposeful and meaningful way. We hope your child slept well that night!
Next week, we expect to begin re-enrollment. Some final touches are being made in our online system, as well as, a newly designed school website. Our hope is to open re-enrollment and launch the new site simultaneously. As a preview, here are a few items I can share in advance.
- We have set a February 28 deadline for priority re-enrollment. This allows us to have a better sense of spaces available for new admissions and for any necessary budget adjustments.
- Families who re-enroll by February 28 will receive a $500 tuition discount as a “thank you.”
- We currently have more inquiries and applications for new students than we have had in the past few years (year to date). New student applications are being reviewed now. Decisions on those applications will be sent to those families on March 7 (for 3K and 4K) and March 8 (for Kindergarten - 5th grade). These are the common decision dates used by HAIS member schools - of which we are one.
- New applicants have until April 3 to inform us of their decision to attend. After April 3, spaces will be filled based on open enrollment and availability.
- Spaces are limited. We have capped enrollment in 3K at 14 students and the remaining grades at 16 students. We anticipate a few grades being at capacity.
Finally, I am thrilled to announce that the Titan Parent Association is being revived under the generous leadership and volunteerism of Mrs. Tiffany Cranford. As such, please see this special message from her:
After meeting with Dr. Roddy recently, I am excited to announce the rebirth of our Titan Parent Association. My name is Tiffany Cranford, mother of Caleb (1st) and Brynlee (4K), and I am happy to have been asked to lead this effort going into next school year. In our meeting, I shared my belief that parents need to play an active and integral role in our school's growth. Dr. Roddy agrees with that belief and is eager to support this important project.
I am reaching out to each of you and see if you are interested in participating. While all enrolled families are automatically members of the Titan Parent Association, we are looking for parents to help at varying levels including; chair persons, grade level liaisons, and other active participants.
Please let me know if you are interested in participating. I look forward to hearing from each of you and starting our next chapter as a Titan!!!
As always, thank you very much for your continued support of Holy Trinity Episcopal School.
It’s great to be a Titan,